One of the most essential things now is having a gateway online to do things such as paying bills, buying stuff, etc. And having a way to access your government accounts like Philhealth, Pag-ibig and SSS is a must.
What is My.SSS?
My. SSS is an online service portal that allows SSS members exclusive access to their contributions and membership records, make online transactions, set appointments with their SSS servicing branch, and request copies of their records, as needed. (Source: SSS)
What are the benefits of having a My.SSS account?
- You can View, download, and print your membership records
- You can check your posted contributions
- You can make online transactions such as filing an SSS salary loan application and applying for SSS maternity benefit
- You can check your SSS loan repayment records
- You can view details on your SSS benefit claims
- You can schedule appointments with an SSS branch
- You can easily ask questions, report a complaint, and discuss your concerns about SSS-related issues on the Members Forum within the online portal
Who are eligible to create an SSS online account?
- All employees with SSS coverage
- Those who are self-employed or voluntary members
- Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs)
- Those unemployed spouses with at least one month posted SSS contribution
- Our Kasambahays and other household employees and
Creating an SSS online account is very easy. Here’s a guide to help you:
- Go here to see the reminders and requirements needed to proceed
- You can now fill up the Registrant Record Verification
- You need to choose the same with your previously registered SSS:
- Savings Account Number / Citibank Cash Card / UBP Quick Card / UMID – ATM Saving Account Number Registered in SSS
- Mobile Number Registered in SSS
- UMID CARD
- Employer ID Number / Household Employer ID Number
- Payment Reference Number / SBR No. / Payment Receipt Transaction Number
Note: Please fill in all required field correctly.
- If your last name or given name exceeds the character limit, you can use the same format of your name on your SSS ID or UMID card. If you don’t have your ID card right now, contact SSS through its hotline (920-6446 to 55) i
- If you don’t have a middle name, leave it blank.
- Use the drop-down calendar to prevent an error in your SSS online registration while entering your date of birth
- If you chose “UMID CARD” in Step 1, the online form will ask for your UMID card pin.
- Don’t have the pin code yet? You have to activate your UMID card first in the SSS information terminal at select SSS branches.
- Don’t forget to enter the captcha code at the bottom of the page and tick the small box next to “I accept the Terms of Service.”
Double-check everything to avoid hassle and delay.
- After 30 minutes, you will receive an email from [email protected] containing the activation link and user ID.
- For those who registered using Gmail, Hotmail, etc., check your Spam folder if you can’t find the SSS email in your inbox.
- Activate your account
- You have up to five days to activate your account, otherwise, the activation link will expire and you will have to register again.
- Your password must have at least 8 to 20 alphanumeric numbers
- The first character is an alphabet
- No special characters
- Must be different from your user ID
And you’re done. congratulations, you now have an online SSS account (My.SSS)
- In case you accidentally forgot your password, you can easily reset it by clicking “Forgot user ID to Password?”
- If you can’t access the email you used with your My.SSS account, you can request for an account reset by sending an email to [email protected] or by visiting an SSS branch.
How do I get an SSS number?
- You can visit any branch and apply for one.
- You can call SSS Hotline at 920-6446-55
- You can check your SSS number after successfully creating your My.SSS account
- If calling the hotline and checking it online didn’t work, you can send an email to [email protected] or [email protected]. Tell them you would like to know your SSS number along with the following information and document/s.
- Full name
- Birth date
- One (1) primary ID such as Passport, Driver’s License, Birth Certificate
- Or two (2) secondary IDs like your Postal ID or Company ID
If in case you experience problems with your account registration, just send an email to [email protected] for assistance.