by Gianina Sy
Missing your fast food favorites? Instead of eating out, try replicating them at home with these simple recipes. No fancy equipment or ingredients necessary.
Check them out below!
Jollibee Tuna Pie
Recipe and photos by Ralph Gregor & Famarin Fetesio
- Canned Tuna
- Sliced Bread
- Salt & Pepper
- Mince some onions and slice some cheese. Beat some eggs. Set these aside.
- Crush crackers until it’s powdery. You may use a strainer to separate the granules from the bigger pieces. Continue grinding the crackers until all of it is finely crushed. If you have breadcrumbs, skip this step.
- Mix your tuna with mayonnaise and minced onions. Make sure you drain the tuna before combining the ingredients. Use preferred seasoning like salt and pepper. You can also add carrots, cabbages, or other veggies if you want.
- Flatten bread with your hands, spoon, or even a cup. Cut out the crust from the sides.
- Place your tuna mixture in the middle of the bread. Fold the bread in half to seal. Use a fork to press down on the edges of the bread. You may use water or some of the egg yolk to help seal the ends.
- Dip the pouches of bread in the beaten egg. Afterwards, coat them with the crushed crackers or breadcrumbs.
- Fry in low heat until crispy. Keep a close eye on the pies to avoid any burnt pieces.
Recipe and photos by Sam’s Kitchen
- Evaporated Milk/Eggs
- Fried Chicken Breading Mix
- Wash the potatoes well. Rinse it twice to make sure it’s clean. Cut into thin slices.
- Dip your potato slices in either evaporated milk or beaten eggs. Then dip it in your fried chicken breading mix. Optional: add flour to the breading so it’s not too salty.
- Deep fry your potatoes and then pat dry with paper towels to take off excess oil. You can fry it a second time to make them extra crispy.
- To imitate Shakey’s dip, mix salt, pepper, mayonnaise, and grated garlic together. Squeeze a lemon or calamansi.
BonChon Soy Garlic Chicken
Recipe and photos by Erika Braza
- Magic Sarap
- Crispy Fry Garlic or any Breading Mix
- Soy Sauce
- Chop up your chicken and marinate it in garlic, Magic Sarap, pepper, and calamansi for 6 hours.
- Beat some eggs then add pepper. Set aside.
- Mix some flour and Crispy Fry (or other breading that you have). Coat your chicken in this. Next, dip it in the eggs with pepper. For the last coat, rub the chicken in a combined cornstarch and breading mixture.
- It is recommended that you double fry to achieve that crispy texture. Heat the chicken with low fire for 12 minutes. If you want to fry it again, do so with medium heat for 10 minutes.
- For the sauce, sauté chopped up garlic with butter. Add soy sauce, honey, sugar, calamansi, pepper, and cornstarch with water. Adjust the proportion of ingredients according to your taste.
- Coat the fried chicken in your soy garlic sauce. Top it off with cooked garlic for that extra flavor!
Max’s Sizzling Tofu
Recipe and photos by John Paul Ledesma Lumagas
- Oyster Sauce
- Magic Sarap
- Soy Sauce
- All Purpose Cream
- Cut the tofu into cubes. Marinate tofu with pepper and Magic Sarap for 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, mix 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise and oyster sauce. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, and a dash of pepper. Squeeze half a lemon or calamansi.
- Fry the tofu until brown and crispy, then set aside.
- Sauté chopped onions, bell peppers, and chili in butter. Add the sauce in the pan. Pour all purpose cream into the mixture.
- Mix the tofu with the sauce. Now it’s ready to be served!
Jollibee Choco Mallow Pie
Recipe and photos by Rubylyn Murillo
- Sliced Bread
- Flatten bread with your hands or a spoon. Use a rolling pin if you have one so it’s easier. Take the crust off the edges of the bread.
- Place the desired amount of chocolate and marshmallow in the middle of the bread.
- Fold the bread. Dampen the edges with a little water to seal. Press the edges down with a fork.
- Fry until pies are a golden brown color. Let it cool for a bit before eating.