How to make Leche Flan! It sounds simple but, there are many ways to customize this yummy pinoy favorite.
Here are the basic ingredients to making classic leche flan!
Classic Leche Flan
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup water
10 pcs egg yolks, large
3 pcs whole eggs, large
1 can Condensed Milk 300ml (Choose your favorite brand)
1 can Evaporated Filled Milk 370ml (choose your favorite brand)
1/4 Teaspoon Depending on Flavoring (coffee, fruit flavoring, pandan)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Here is the basic procedure to make leche flan.
- In a sauce pan, combine sugar and water then heat until syrup turns into a nice golden amber. remember not to overdo, the sugar will crystalize.
- Divide among 3 small llaneras and set aside. Make sure they are kept away from Areas of kitchen without Ants.
- Get a bowl, mix all remaining ingredients. Strain the mixture to lessen air bubbles for a smoother leche flan.
- Divide mixture among the llaneras then cover with foil.
- Steam on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until almost firm.
- Chill for 3 hours to set and it is all ready to Eat!
What other flavors can you make with Leche Flan?
- Vanilla Leche Flan
- Ube Leche Flan
- Pandan Leche Flan
- Macapuno Leche Flan
- Matcha Leche Flan
- Cheese Leche Flan
- Strawberry Leche Flan
- Coffee Leche Flan
- Chocolate Leche Flan
- Mango Leche Flan