Pegaxy is the new trending play-to-earn game. It is a PVP horse racing game where 12 players compete for the top 3 placements. Unlike Axie Infinity where the game requires critical thinking and gaming techniques, Pegaxy is purely a game of race where players don’t have to do anything but to put their horses, called Pega, in the race and let it run on its own until the game is finished.
Like Axie Infinity which Axies have different types (Aqua, Beast, Bird, Bug, Dawn, Dusk, Mech, Plant, and Reptile), Pegas in Pegaxy also have different bloodlines which are: Zan, Klin, Campona, and Hoz; and each bloodline has different breed types which are: Founding, Legendary, Epic, Rare and Pacer. They also have genders which are male and female.
While the strength of the Axies in Axie Infinity depends on the different body parts that they are made of, Pegas in Pegaxy also relies on the different elemental variables to win the race. They include speed, strength, lightning, wind, water, and fire. And the percentage of each element depends on the strategic upgrade, food and skills that each Pega were made of.
There are 5 ways to earn in Pegaxy as an OWNER:
1. Through racing your Pega in PVP mode.
- Each Pega has 25 energies and one energy is replenished every hour. So, to be able to earn a lot in racing, one has to use up all the energy in a day.
- With 175 VIS in the Prize Pool, only the top 3 could earn the Pegaxy’s utility token called Vigorous (VIS): the 1st place could win 105 VIS, 2nd place is 44 VIS, and the 3rd place is 26 VIS.
2. Through selling your Pega on the Marketplace.
- You can earn PGX (Pegaxy’s governance token) or USDT by selling your high performing or newly born Pega on the Marketplace.
3. Through renting-out your Pega in the Rental Marketplace.
- Renting-out your Pega means that you are letting the renter race for you.
- Pegaxy has two types of Renting: Shared Profit or Fixed Term Rental.
- In Shared Profit, you can rent-out your Pega for FREE to the public while putting a certain percent to your racing profit. For example, you can rent-out by 15% profit sharing, which means that the renter will have 15% of your racing profit and you have the remaining 85%.
- In Fixed Term Rental, however, you can rent-out your Pega for a certain amount of PGX or USDT. For example, you rent-out your Pega for 150 PGX for 2 days. The renter, therefore, will pay you and will race the Pega for you. All profit gained during the 2 days’ rental will go to the renter.
4. Through collecting rare “Founding” and “Crowned” Pega.
- You can earn by collecting rare Pegas by reselling them through marketplace price speculation.
5. Through joining Pegaxy’s Global Competition.
- Lastly, you can earn money by competing in Pegaxy’s global competition called “The Grand Dash”. As stated in Pegaxy’s Whitepaper, The Grand Dash competition takes place over 12 months, concluding in December. Top 12 racers of every class (60 total/month) will compete in a series of events until the top 15 racers are identified at the Grand final in December (top 3 of each class). The top 15 will then receive generous PGX rewards.
If you are not an owner and you desire to earn in Pegaxy, here are the 3 ways for you.
3 ways to earn in Pegaxy as a RENTER/SCHOLAR:
1. Become a Pegaxy scholar/jockey.
- Like Axie Infinity, Pegaxy also has scholarships now. Some guilds offer Pegaxy scholarship in Discord, Facebook and Twitter. You just have to be active to be noticed by the managers. Some guilds also have giveaway quizzes, contests and interviews. Join all of them if you can, and standout, until you finally become a jockey. A ‘Jockey’ is what they call the Pegaxy scholar.
2. Rent in Shared-Profit.
- If you find it hard looking for a manager, and you have not enough money, then try renting in the Shared Profit. But you need to have some Polygon MATIC to be able to rent here.
- Polygon MATIC is an Ethereum token that powers the Polygon Network and it is used to pay all the transaction fees including the renting as Pegaxy is run by the Polygon Network.
- But renting here is kind of hard as thousands of players around the world can be found here. A technique used by some renters is to edit or adjust their GWEI higher than the normal for a faster transaction and also for a higher chance of renting the Pega.
- Please take note here that even if your transaction fails and you won’t be able to rent a Pega, the transaction fee will still be deducted from your MATIC balance.
3. Pay Rent Fee
- If renting through shared profit is too difficult for you and you almost lost all your MATIC, then you can try renting through Fixed Term Rental. You just need to convert some of your money into USDT or PGX to be able to rent.
- Aside from watching the price and the number of days, please take note to watch the number of energies and the win rate of the Pega that you’re about to rent too. They are important to make sure that you’ll have a good ROI (Return of Investment).
After Axie Infinity, Pegaxy is believed to be the second NFT game that is changing a lot of people’s lives. With the current prices of Pegaxy’s tokens as of this writing (MATIC: ?98.60, PGX: ?38.26 VIS: ?9.42), the future is bright for Pegaxy jockeys and owners.