The quarantine has left you a lot..lots of time at home. What to do? discover local food and hack it! We talked about Leche Flan here and now we move on to the next dish that many pinoys love and look for! The Maja Blanca.
How do you like your Maja Blanca? I like mine creamy not too sweet.. with cheese! hahaha (walang basgan ng trip!)
Here is the basic Maja Blanca Recipe that you can start with and modify to your hearts content.
Classic Maja Blanca with Cheese
Maja Blanca Topping (Optional)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 Cup grated Cheese
- Can use Fruit Toppings
- Vanilla Cream Sauce
- Ube Jam
- Cocobut Jam
- Chocnut Sprinkles
Maja Blanca Recipe (Ingredients)
1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup coconut cream (tetra pack or can)
1 can Evaporated Filled Milk (approx 350ml)
1 can Condensed Milk (approx 300ml)
1/2 cup water
1 cup cornstarch
1 can whole Corn Kernel, canned (425g)
How to Prepare the Maja Blanca!
- Get Llanera (same as leche flan) for maja blanca, coat the inside with oil (butter can be used). Set aside.
- Get Stainless bowl, combine coconut cream, evaporated milk, and 1 cup condensed milk. Stir and allow to settle.
- Get a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Mix well until cornstarch is completely dissolved without lumps.
- Add cornstarch mixture to coconut mix, stir constantly until mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- Once thick and smooth, add in corn kernel and bits of cheese (hint of cheese flavor). Mix well and quickly pour in Llanera.
- cool completely till you feel it is firm and solid in llanera.
- Sprinkle top with Cheese and toasted desiccated coconut.
To make this Maja Blanca recipe more exciting, and easier to follow, Watch the most viewed viewed Maja Blanca Recipes videos on Youtube!
How to cook Maja Blanca (5.8 million Views) (Pinoy Coconut Pudding) filipino food by Yummy Kitchen (7.1M views!)
How to Cook The Best Maja Blanca Recipe by PagkaingPinoyTV
Maja Blanca | Panlasang Pinoy
How to Make Maja Blanca for Business with costing – Maja Blanca Recipe