With the current quarantine guidelines placed, being in crowded public places is not allowed and heavily discouraged. But of course, as we try to live on as usual, we still need to avail of various banking services. BDO’s Online Banking service allows us to perform financial transactions without leaving our homes and/or office.
Take a closer look at how their e-banking system works.
BDO Online Banking Enrollment
Who Can Enroll?
If you have any of these BDO accounts (individual or joint OR accounts), you may register for BDO Online Banking:
- Time deposit
- Prepaid card
- Auto Loan, Home Loan, Personal Loan, or SME Loan
- Trust account
How is the Online Enrollment Experience?
You need to fill out an application form at the BDO Online Banking site and activate the online account (using the BDO debit card) at any BDO ATM. The online banking account can be accessed 24 hours after the ATM activation.
Notable BDO Online Banking Features
1. Send Money
BDO provides funds transfer flexibility with their online banking services. Using the BDO Online banking system, you can transfer money to another BDO account, an account with another local bank, or an email address/mobile number. Cash pickup and door-to-door delivery are also available.
- Send Money to Pre-enrolled BDO Account – This requires enrolling your own or somebody else’s bank account within the online banking facility. BDO to BDO transfer fee is free.
- Send Money to Any BDO Account – You can also send cash to a BDO account that isn’t enrolled in your online banking account. BDO charges PHP 10 on every fund transfer to an unenrolled BDO account.
- Send Money to Contact (via Email or Mobile) – This is a very useful service if the recipient has no bank account.
- Send Money from USD to Peso (Own BDO Account) – Transfer funds from your own BDO US Dollar account to Peso account.
- USD Wire Transfer (to Local/Overseas Bank) – Request for funds transfer from your BDO US Dollar savings account to another account in a bank in the Philippines or abroad.
- Send Money to Another Local Bank – Sending cash to an account with another bank in the Philippines comes with a PHP 100 service charge.
- For Cash Pickup at Any BDO Branch/Partner – Recipients with no bank accounts can pick up the money within just an hour from any BDO branch and partner outlets in the Philippines.
- Door-to-Door – Send money to a recipient’s address in the Philippines.
2. Pay Bills and Reload
- Bills Payment – Aside from paying utility bills and merchants online, this feature enables you to add companies or billers to your Bill Rack. This makes paying bills faster because you don’t have to fill out the company/biller name and amount each time you pay bills online.
- Prepaid Mobile Reload – Buy cellphone credits and schedule reloading for any Globe, Smart, TM, TNT, or Sun mobile number from PHP 40 to Php 1,000. You need to enroll the prepaid number for reloading online, but you don’t have to activate it via an ATM.
- BDO Cash Card Reload – With BDO Online Banking, you can reload your BDO prepaid cards, schedule it, and check your reload status.
BDO Online Banking Security Features
With a lot of online banking fraud cases going around, BDO Online Banking has security features that ensure safety and security to their customers’ accounts
1. User Authentication
Logging into a BDO Online Banking account takes longer than that of other banks because of its security measures to verify a user’s identity.
In addition to entering a username and a password, users are provided a one-time password (OTP)—which is sent via SMS to the registered mobile phone number of the account—each time they log in.
2. Website Encryption
Using a 128-bit encryption, one of the most secure and unbreakable encryption methods, BDO Online Banking secures all financial transactions in the online banking system. This prevents unauthorized access to various information to your account.
3. Automatic Log-out
Your account will be logged out of the system once it detects inactivity. Any device you log into with the account will automatically lose access to your account.
4. ATM Activation for Online Banking Enrollments
Enrollment for bank transactions such as online funds transfer and customer information update requires activation via a BDO ATM activation. You’re only allowed to start transferring funds to another BDO account or change your account information only after you’ve activated your enrollment.
5. Lock My ATM Debit Card
When you lose your ATM or debit card, you can disable and prevent unauthorized transactions with just a click, no need to go to a branch or call its hotline.
Just go to your account and click My Accounts > Lock My ATM Debit Card. You can lock your debit card in a jiffy. You will need to enter an OTP sent to your registered mobile number. If your cellphone is not in reach, you won’t complete the process. If you locked your physical card, you can still transact via BDO Online Banking and Mobile Banking channels.