One of the most important document one can have is their passport. Because it proves your citizenship and is one main requirement in traveling. Over the years, our government took time to hear every Filipinos battle-cry in applying for one. From getting a schedule to completing the process. From a complex to a simplified online scheduling, it has made it easier for Filipinos to get close in getting their own.
Passport is required if you will be entering another country, some might require a visa but some don’t. If you dream of traveling around the world, then you should get one.
How to apply for a Philippine Passport?
Below are the steps on how you can get that passport and fill it with stamps from your dream countries.
1. Complete your requirements
You may visit www.dfa.gov.ph for the full list of requirements but here are the most common must have:
- Birth certificate issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO)
- If you need to get one, please go to https://nsohelpline.ph/order-now.
Proof of Identity One(1) valid ID:
Senior’s citizen’s ID
Or two (2) supporting documents:
- PSA marriage certificate (for married women)
NOTE: To avoid problems, make sure you have photocopies of each document. 2 each to be safe.
2. Make sure to schedule an online appointment.
- Please go to New DFA Appointment System website
- Scan the available dates and place where it is most convenient for you to go.
- Complete the application form
- Wait for the email confirmation
NO APPOINTMENT IS NEEDED for the following:
- Senior Citizen with Senior Citizen ID
- Person with Disability (PWDs) with PWD ID or visible disability
- Solo Parent with Valid Solo Parent ID
- Pregnant women with medical certificate
- Minors seven (7) years old and below
You may avail of the PRIORITY LANE at DFA Aseana or at any DFA Satellite Office or Regional Consular Office to apply for your passport.
3. Be sure to go on your DFA Appointment
- Be sure you have ALL of your requirements.
- Follow dress code – no sandos, shorts, and sandals allowed.
- Be there 1 hour before your scheduled appointment.
- You don’t want to be late as you will wait another 30 days to apply again.
- Give your application form at the Information counter.
- Get a number and wait until your papers are processed.
- Once your number is called, go to the designated counter for verification and pay the fees.
Regular processing = P950
Express processing = P1,200
- Lastly, proceed to the Encoding section for bio metrics and photo.
4. Wait for your passport.
Applications made within Metro Manila:
Regular processing = 15 working days
Express processing = 7 working days.
Applications made in regional offices:
Regular processing = 20 working days
Express processing = 10 working days.
Applications from abroad: 30 working days
HOW CAN I GET MY PASSPORT ONCE IT IS ALREADY ISSUED?
You can personally get it from the DFA office where you filed your application.
Have it delivered to your home for an additional fee of P150.
Additional Tip: Appear in person. The DFA requires all applicants to make a personal appearance.
After following all these steps, congratulations! You can now book your ticket and brave the world!