DOST-SEI SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ONGOING!
While everyone is thinking what next step to do with their education, the Department of Science and Technology Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) announced that they will be accepting applicants and encouraging the youth to be part the science community by pushing through careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
This means that for every incoming Grade 12 who wishes to enrol STEM courses when they enrol in college next year, they are eligible to apply for scholarship slots for 2021 DOST-SEI S&T Undergraduate Scholarships in AY 2020-2021.
“Amid the uncertainty, we soldier on in providing scholarship opportunities for college studies. The DOST Scholarship invites talented Filipino youth to pursue STEM-related careers and take active participation in research and development (R&D) activities. We hope to have more scientists especially in this changing world” – DOST-SEI Director, Dr. Josette T. Biyo
Here are some of the guidelines for those who wish to apply:
- Must be a natural-born Filipino of good moral character and in good health
- Students who belong to families whose socio-economic status does not exceed the cut-off values
Here are the benefits of those RA 7687 scholars
- Monthly living allowance (P7,000/month)
- Tuition and other school fees (P40,000/AY)
- Book Allowance (P10,000/year)
- MS/PE Uniform for 1st semester of 1st year only (P1,000)
- Thesis allowance (P10,000)
- Group Insurance (Premium)
- Transporation allowance for those studying outside of the home province (1-economy class round fare trip)
- Summer allowance (if required per curriculum)
- Tuition and other school fees (P1,500)
- Book allowance (P500 to submit O.R)
- Monthly allowance (2 months)
- Graduation clothing allowance (P1,000)
Non-STEM strand (i.e Humanities, Arts, Literature and Management) may also apply provided they belong to the top 5% of their graduating class. Those families who belong to a socio-economic status that exceeded cut-off values may apply for the Merit Scholarship Program instead.
Here are the benefits of those under Merit Scholarship program
- Scholars under the Merit scholarship program will receive the same benefits of those under RA 7687 except for the pro-rated monthly stipend based on the family’s socio-economic status.
Interested applicants may apply online through https://www.science-scholarships.ph/. The deadline for online application is on 28 August 2020. The date of the nationwide qualifying examination is on 25 October 2020.