Carbonara, when you say it.. don’t you hear music playing in the background? One of the pinoy’s favorite dish to hack! Why? because of its creamy goodness, its an easy dish to serve and carbonara ingredients can be changed to whatever is available (homestyle, dont get nazi on me!) A family favorite served in special occasions, including Christmas or Birthday Parties!
How to cook Classic Carbonara!
500 grams linguini or any pasta, cooked according to package directions
400 grams bacon, chopped
3 tbsps butter
5 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tbsps onions, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup chicken stock
250ml All Purpose Cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup cheddar or quick melt
How to prepare Carbonara
- Get chopped garlic fry in pan until light golden brown, remove for later.
- Get bacon and fry in pan with garlic oil, fry till lightly toasted, remove for later.
- Using the same pan and remaining bacon fat (yum!), add in butter, garlic and onions. Cook for a minute over low heat.
- Add in sliced mushrooms. Cook for another minute.
- Pour in chicken stock in portions.
- Add All Purpose cream and mix making sure no lumps are formed.. slowly add cheese and stir
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Add brown garlic and toasted bacon for topping on Pasta!
Carbonara Hacks with a twist!
- Change Noodles
- Change Cheese Selection
- Instead of Salt, use substitute check Nadia Montenegro’s Video using Knorr!
- Simple Carbonara is just Egg, Hard Cheese and Cured Pork (smoke sauaage is the best!)
- Vegetarian Hack – replace bacon with Veggies like asparagus or smoked veggie bacon bits
- With Spam or Ham! Spicy Spanish Sardines for a kick!
- Have you Tried Bread Pan as extender? (Cheese & Onion)
- Get chunks of smoked bacon from deli.. you wont regret it!
- Instead of Smoked bacon, you can just get smoked Cheddar!
To make this carbonara recipe more exciting, and easier to follow, Watch the most viewed Pinoy Style Carbonara Videos on Youtube!
Cabonara Ala Nadia by Nadia Montenegro
Carbonara recipe pinoy style By Brent Yulo
Spaghetti CARBONARA — By Ulam Pinoy
Pinoy Style Carbonara | Filipino Carbonara Recipe | Panlasang Pinoy
Creamy Carbonara Pasta – Christmas Recipe