We all know that Banco de ORO or BDO is known as one of the leading bank & credit card providers in the Philippines, wherein you can choose which credit card suits your needs.
BDO also offers ways on how to manage your finances, like EasyPay Installment Programs, interest rates (2.5%), and of course some exclusive BDO credit card promos and deals.
1. The first thing you will need to consider is what credit card best fits you and your needs.
BDO has 24 credit cards with different kinds of use and interest rates. Choose the type of card you like from Basic, Premium, or Elite. The bank even lets you choose what brand you want from Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express, JCB, and UnionPay
Deciding what card you will get is important we suggest you compare cards first. You can compare card here, this will help you to pick the right one (yes, a card)
2. Check the requirements needed for BDO credit card application
- Must be at least 21 years old and not over 70 when the card expires
- Must be a Filipino citizen or a foreigner who has lived in the Philippines for the last 2 years.
- Must be a regular employee
- If you are self-employed your business must be operating for at least 2 years.
- You must have at least one office or home landline and a mobile phone number.
Residence or Office Address must be within any area where a BDO branch is located
Income Requirement: Php 180,000 gross annual income
3. Complete the necessary documents you needed
After you gather all the requirements, complete all these documents, and present it to the nearest branch of BDO in your area.
For applicants with Existing Credit Cards
- Duly accomplished application form. Download it here
Photocopy of your latest W2 or BIR Form 2316 signed by employer’s authorized representative (for employed) or photocopy of latest ITR (for self-employed)
Photocopy of last two (2) month’s credit card statement of account
If TU Bureau subscriber/member, indicate first 6 and last 4 digits of credit card, credit card type and issuer and expiry date.
Any valid, photo-bearing ID issued by an official authority shall be acceptable such as the following: Passport, Driver’s License, Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID, Social Security System (SSS) Card with photo and scanned signature printed on the card, Voter’s ID, Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-card, Philhealth card, Senior Citizen Card, OFW ID, Seaman’s book, Company ID (Sec Registered or under BSP supervision). Complete list of valid IDs accepted here
For non-carded Applicants
For Employed (Required): Photocopy of latest BIR Form 2316 signed by employer’s authorized representative AND one of the following:
- Original copy of Certificate of Employment and Income (COEI) indicating status, length of service, and compensation breakdown
- Photocopy of latest full month payslip
For Self-Employed (Required):
- Photocopy of Registration of Business Name
- For Single Proprietorship issued by DTI
- For Partnership/Corporation issued by SEC
- Photocopy of latest ITR and W4 with BIT/Bank Stamp
- Audited Financial Statements for the last 2 years; OR
- Bank Statements for the last 3 months
- Click here to see the complete list of valid IDs accepted here
- Copy of Employment Contract or Certificate of Employment
- Letter from Embassy (if Embassy Official)
- Submit a photocopy of ANY of the following:
- Valid Passport with Resident Visa
- Work Permit and Valid Visa
- Special Investor’s Resident Visa and Visa’s Philippine Economic Zone Authority or Visa with EO226
- ACR or ICR or ACR-1
4. Submit all documents and requirements
You have two options:
- File it in the BDO branch near your then wait to be assisted by BDO staff.
- Online registration then wait to the BDO bank confirmation
5. Check your BDO application status
The last thing you need to do is check whether your application has been approved or not. You need to enter your SSS and TIN ID NUMBER that you submitted and link with your application.
You can check your application status here